NUS/NTU PhD 年薪统计
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 创业求职 | 本帖共有 46 楼,当前显示第 37 楼 : 从楼主开始阅读 : 本帖树形列表 : 返回上一页
作者:Broadway (等级:4 - 马马虎虎,发帖:148) 发表:2008-08-01 14:51:26  37楼 
Singaporeans also discuss about thishttp://www.salary.sg/2008/engineering-and-technology-careers-are-not-valued-singapore-is-high-cost-low-tech/
this is one of the comments
""My friend graduated with second upper honours in engineering whereas i just achieved an honours degree, in engineering as well. I had always been asking my friends if engineering is what they want to really stick to in life, and was kinda shocked by their blank stares. Nobody really gave a thought to that - engineering was just ‘tan chiat’ and nothing else. It was a guaranteed way to earn a decent salary and my friend was one of them - upgrading himself always and when we both started out, he was earning around 3K while my pay was 2.5K. In those days, 500 was enough to give you a huge ego boost.

However, I knew engineering was a dead end, so I immersed myself into sales, and let’s not even talk about financial industry, just the sales aspect of any sector. Fast forward 3 years, my friend is getting a proud 4K senior engineer pay, and as for me, due to the rarity of sales-focused engineers, is lucky to get a 300K annual package with stock options.

Bottom line is, engineers are plenty, but just like the bankers, companies reward mostly the ones who bring in the cash, so it might not be too late to change your inclination. My 2 cents advice from my personal experience. thanks""
Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work,Pleasure without conscience,Science without humanity,Knowledge without character,Politics without principle,Commerce without morality,Worship without sacrifice. One more literally deadly: Eat without hunger :)
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表

本帖共有 46 楼,当前显示第 37 楼,本文还有 N-1 层楼,要不你试试看:点击此处阅读更多 >>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码