国大的毕业是要是CAP4.5以上,但HONOR PROJECT没拿A-以上会怎么样?
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 求学狮城 | 本帖共有 17 楼,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 : 本帖树形列表 : 刷新 : 返回上一页
<<始页  [1]  末页>>
作者:kaduqhwknd (等级:2 - 初出茅庐,发帖:1) 发表:2006-10-07 14:40:50  楼主  关注此帖
国大的毕业是要是CAP4.5以上,但HONOR PROJECT没拿A-以上会怎么样?
还是1ST CLASS吗?A-容易拿吗?
欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表
作者:StefinieSun (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:2067) 发表:2006-10-07 17:28:35  2楼 评分:
当然不会是1ST HONOR.....
学校的degree requirement 里面写的很清楚!
我想:谁也不会例外吧1
作者:江南渔夫 (等级:?? - 无法无天,发帖:13480) 发表:2006-10-08 19:36:08  3楼 评分:
当然不会是1ST HONOR.....学校的degree requirement 里面写的很清楚! 我想:谁也不会例外吧1
这个规定其实很瞎, 很多老师也很反对...
CAP是累积起来的, 多少还客观点. HYP的成绩基本就是看导师和两个examiner喜欢不喜欢, 好说不好说. 碰到运气差的不讲理的, 死都不知道怎么死...

作者:noah (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:753) 发表:2006-10-08 22:44:14  4楼 评分:
这个规定其实很瞎, 很多老师也很反对...CAP是累积起来的, 多少还客观点. HYP的成绩基本就是看导师和两个examiner喜欢不喜欢, 好说不好说. 碰到运气差的不讲理的, 死都不知道怎么死...
跟导师有关吗?
我怎么记得网站上说是由examiner决定的呢?那倒是的决定占百分之几呢?
作者:吞并日本 (等级:6 - 驾轻就熟,发帖:1205) 发表:2006-10-08 23:46:57  5楼 评分:
这个规定其实很瞎, 很多老师也很反对...CAP是累积起来的, 多少还客观点. HYP的成绩基本就是看导师和两个examiner喜欢不喜欢, 好说不好说. 碰到运气差的不讲理的, 死都不知道怎么死...
试问有多少东西不是主观的呢?
当年进入NUS,还不是学校的招生人员主观决定的。至于欧美一些名校,教授的权力更大。教授只要不是疯子大都会凭良心说话,东西做得好了,谁会胡搅蛮缠呢?

不过话说回来,如果碰上什么都不懂的人来evaluate,那真的是够呛了。如果是那样,只能认倒霉了,因为你只有一个选择:把你的论文做好然后发表一篇rank 1的文章来确保你的A-以上(不过几率不大)。
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-09 12:30:50  6楼
This is just one point, but another point is that FYP/HYP is a project
Which examines you the ability to solve real problem rather than recite textbooks and PYP

My supervisor once gave an example of a student who's CAP is 3.99 (4 max) and failed to complete his FYP in 4 years. He changed a few supervisors and FOE gave him a special extension of 1 year of study (normal students can only extend his study for the maximum of 2 years) and he still failed it. My supervisor said this student is good at finding "shortcuts" and reciting past year paper, but not at all good at understand complex issues, nor have the perseverance or patience to complete some relatvie simple but tidous task.

Frankly speaking it is very common that the students with the highest CAP are not the best students in the practical world. Loot at the the NUS course structure: Will Einstein get A for sth like Law and Human Resource Management?
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-09 12:37:04  7楼 评分:
跟导师有关吗?我怎么记得网站上说是由examiner决定的呢?那倒是的决定占百分之几呢?
Supervisor dominates
He can decide you pass or fail. Evaluator can only "fine tune" your score.
作者:noah (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:753) 发表:2006-10-10 21:21:03  8楼 评分:
Supervisor dominatesHe can decide you pass or fail. Evaluator can only "fine tune" your score.
但是网站上明明写的
由evaluator决定阿,还有详细的分数分配。http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/students/guidess1_2006_7.htm
怎么能说是导师说得算呢?
作者:我丑不是罪 (等级:7 - 出类拔萃,发帖:939) 发表:2006-10-11 15:04:08  9楼 评分:
但是网站上明明写的由evaluator决定阿,还有详细的分数分配。http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/students/guidess1_2006_7.htm 怎么能说是导师说得算呢?
导师给你A
难道evaluator会fail你??

而且导师对你做的东西理解更多点~~evaluator能花多少时间在你的project上?
作者:hash (等级:7 - 出类拔萃,发帖:5077) 发表:2006-10-13 00:29:50  10楼
而且如果课题不好,做得再努力也白搭。
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-13 17:29:58  11楼
而且如果课题不好,做得再努力也白搭。
Isn't the topic been chosen by the student him/herself?
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-13 17:39:12  12楼 评分:
导师给你A难道evaluator会fail你?? 而且导师对你做的东西理解更多点~~evaluator能花多少时间在你的project上?
True...
Supervisor is the person who knows your project and performance best other than yourself. Evaluators usually will show some respect to them and grade accordingly. Moreover, if you knows that there is a big difference between the grading of your supervisor and evaluator, you can appeal, and this will cause some severe problem if the evaulator can not provide enough justification for his/her low grade. Thus usually evaulator(s) won't rish themselves to challenge supervisors decision unless they can find major flaws (e.g. major theoretical flaw, fake data or copying) in your report/presentation.
作者:hash (等级:7 - 出类拔萃,发帖:5077) 发表:2006-10-18 01:16:08  13楼
Isn't the topic been chosen by the student him/herself?
1. many students don't get what they have chosen.
I rarely see any FYP student get their first choice. Instead, many didn't get any among their 7 bets.

2. Students are not able judge from the 200 word project synopsis whether that project may lead to meaningful results within their FYP time. Attractive synopsis doesn't mean good project. Many graduate students are tricked into bull-shit projects, not to mention FYPs.

When 3rd year students ask me on FYP projects, I always tell them to contact a GOOD professor and convince that professor to propose a project for him (self-propose).
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-19 13:54:19  14楼
1. many students don't get what they have chosen.I rarely see any FYP student get their first choice. Instead, many didn't get any among their 7 bets. 2. Students are not able judge from the 200 word project synopsis whether that project may lead to meaningful results within their FYP time. Attractive synopsis doesn't mean good project. Many graduate students are tricked into bull-shit projects, not to mention FYPs. When 3rd year students ask me on FYP projects, I always tell them to contact a GOOD professor and convince that professor to propose a project for him (self-propose).
Your para is a good point
Chosing a good project and shape it to fit oneself or shape onself to fit it is a part of FYP itself. If it is a fixed-topic, fixed-supervisor project it will be a course project, not FYP.

Anyway final year students should be able to be dominate on how his/her project goes and what's he/she will achieve rather than let the supervisor tell him. Real world after he/she graduate will be full of "projects" with few "courses" no matter he/she takes academic or industrial career path. Those who can not cope with projects well have higher chances to suffer in the real life.

Thus why I agree that FYP is at least as important as CAP.
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-19 20:29:52  15楼
Your para is a good pointChosing a good project and shape it to fit oneself or shape onself to fit it is a part of FYP itself. If it is a fixed-topic, fixed-supervisor project it will be a course project, not FYP. Anyway final year students should be able to be dominate on how his/her project goes and what's he/she will achieve rather than let the supervisor tell him. Real world after he/she graduate will be full of "projects" with few "courses" no matter he/she takes academic or industrial career path. Those who can not cope with projects well have higher chances to suffer in the real life. Thus why I agree that FYP is at least as important as CAP.
typo, I mean "your last para is a good point"
作者:noah (等级:8 - 融会贯通,发帖:753) 发表:2006-10-22 18:46:53  16楼
True...Supervisor is the person who knows your project and performance best other than yourself. Evaluators usually will show some respect to them and grade accordingly. Moreover, if you knows that there is a big difference between the grading of your supervisor and evaluator, you can appeal, and this will cause some severe problem if the evaulator can not provide enough justification for his/her low grade. Thus usually evaulator(s) won't rish themselves to challenge supervisors decision unless they can find major flaws (e.g. major theoretical flaw, fake data or copying) in your report/presentation.
但是怎么能知道自己的导师给我多少分呢?
作者:香陵居士 (等级:16 - 好恐怖呀,发帖:22662) 发表:2006-10-23 01:12:38  17楼
但是怎么能知道自己的导师给我多少分呢?
问啊,导师一般不会直接告诉你,但是会告诉你你大体的看法。
从用词和语气当中可以判断个大概吧。
论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 求学狮城 | 返回上一页 | 本主题共有 17 篇文章,分 1 页, 当前显示第 1 页 | 回到顶部
<<始页  [1]  末页>>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码