Oct 2008 is a busy month for international events and next 5 months local events
登录 | 论坛导航 -> 华新鲜事 -> 悟入棋途 | 本帖共有 51 楼,当前显示第 14 楼 : 从楼主开始阅读 : 本帖树形列表 : 返回上一页
作者:几度 (等级:12 - 登峰造极,发帖:3128) 发表:2008-08-06 19:28:16  14楼  评分: 
yes i agree ultimatelythe main problem lies in politics and funding. I heard of some that request to be paid even before they win the tournament and in most occasions I do believe they get paid. If these people that are willing to pay them actually step up to sponsor for tournaments, than we probably would have a brighter future in promoting the sport. Furthermore, some that actually used to sponsor tournaments (due to some personal reasons) have decided not to do so in future. There should always be a line between their own personal feuds and promoting the sport although in most cases they are correlated. There are people be it ex chess players, chess enthusiasts, or even friends of chess leaders that are too much involved in politics that they actually derail the main objective of the chess association today. There should always be a balance between the two. Like a specific example recently, has caused lots of hoo-ha in the chess circle that is totally unnecessary. Specific players think that they are u (more...)
Maybe not that much about politics
To my understanding, these are the key factors before politics really plays a part:

1. Which club is willing to organize such a tournament? Usually clubs wish their own teams to have chances to get a place - this is indeed how the ranked + unranked system was invented, for it created more uncertainty and thus more chances for everyone. Strongest clubs might be interested, but this is obviously not their 1st choice of tournament type - This might not mean the club not supporting chess, but rather how best they can get the sponsors interested.

2. Who has the energy to organize such an event? In fact a club needs someone who's experienced and quite free to organize big events. I've seen some such persons stepping out of the chess circle, Right now maybe the 2 clubs with best chance to do so are White Sands and Bishan. Hopefully later we can see more.

3. Where's the sponsorship? This one I don't need to elaborate.

4. What is the venue? That should be a place easy to reach, best near MRT. Besides, a club needs to occupy the hall or room for a few days and must not be disturbed by other CC activities. This is much easier comparing to above 3 but still a difficulty for some clubs.

5. Support from the CC. When a few MPs are no longer in the position, we are actually now facing an issue of getting less support from the CC. This could be a temporary issue though, for I believe we can get more MPs to involve in the next years.

Well if you want to call all these politics, you can. To me, I'd rather call them the reality. Politics are those things some people do for their own sake while they pretend to represent the whole club.

艺术是对美好的追寻与反思。

有空可以到波那维斯达CC下下棋!这边通常星期天下午2-10点开放(公众假期或整队外出比赛除外)。环境不错,课室也有冷气。地址是36 Holland Drive #02-05 (S) 270036。附近是Buona Vista MRT(走5分钟),也有巴士32,74,91,95,145,191,200等。

欢迎来到华新中文网,踊跃发帖是支持我们的最好方法!原文 / 传统版 / WAP版只看此人从这里展开收起列表

本帖共有 51 楼,当前显示第 14 楼,本文还有 N-1 层楼,要不你试试看:点击此处阅读更多 >>

请登录后回复:帐号   密码