µÇ¼ | Ê×Ò³ -> »ªÐÂÏÊÊ -> ÎòÈëÆå; | Çл»µ½£º´«Í³°æ / sForum | Ê÷ÐÎÁбí
Oct 2008 is a busy month for international events and next 5 months local events
<<ʼҳ¡¡ <ÉÏÒ³ ¡¡ 1¡¡ [2]¡¡ 3¡¡ ÏÂÒ³>¡¡ Ä©Ò³>>¡¡

(ÒýÓà xiaobeidou:2006 µ½2008 ×îÄÑÍüµÄ¶Ô¾Ö ½ñÌì±È½Ï¿ÕÏоͷ¢Á˺ǺÇ:PÎâ¹óÁÙÏȸºÎâ×Úº²(beidou jan08) ÐíÒø´¨ÏÈʤÎâ×Úº²(macau indoor games nov07) ...)¶Ô¾ÖÓÐÎó¶ÔÀè½ð¸£84²½Ëû×ßµÄÊÇÂí6ÍË5²»ÊÇÂíÍË7[xiaobeidou (8-6 22:55, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]21Â¥

(ÒýÓà xiaobeidou:¶Ô¾ÖÓÐÎó¶ÔÀè½ð¸£84²½Ëû×ßµÄÊÇÂí6ÍË5²»ÊÇÂíÍË7)ÕâÌù±ØÐëºìÐĹÄÀø ¹þ¹þ[Ò»µ¶n¶Ï (8-6 23:58, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]22Â¥

(ÒýÓÃ xiaobeidou:well..you could put it this way, it still falls between the two. With more money, people would be willing to organise more compe...)ErmNot really, because people might be willing to "donate" a certain amount of money in total within a period, say, in 1 year. Therefore if you put too much resources into 1 event, you might have the rest affected. For example, in year 2000, Singapore had a lot of chess events and many of them gave high cash prizes. In year 2001 the circle became much more quiet, probably even more quiet than 1997. Afterward it became worse and worse with the economy until about 2005.

In the recent few years we can see many tournaments had the cash prizes cut short, partly due to funding issues. Sadly to say, the reason why more team tournaments instead of individual tournaments are organized is mainly due to the ratio of funding vs number of participants.

However on the other hand, we can see that organizing a tournament might not need that much money, regardless whether it's a team or individual one, even though every winner wishes the figure to increase. :) The more important thing is still whether there are clubs or people willing to organize popular tournaments and benefit more players.

[¼¸¶È (8-7 0:15, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]23Â¥

(ÒýÓà ±Ìɽ:Bishan's experience ...... if you refer to Page 5 of ±ÌɽÃñÖÚ¾ãÀÖ²¿ÏóÆå»á¼òѶ (33) below : http://bbs.huasing.org/bbs.php?B=123...)±Ìɽ»ù²ã»î¶¯¿ªÕ¹µÃ²»´íÔÚÅàÑøÐÂÐã·½Ãæ±ÌɽÏóÆå»áµÄ³É¾ÍÊÇÓÐÄ¿¹²¶ÃµÄ¡£ÎÒÓ¡Ïó×îÉîµÄÒ»ÏîÊǵ±³õ±Ìɽ¼á³ÖÖ÷°ìÁ˼¸½ìСѧÉúÍÅÌåÈü£¬ÔÚµ±Ê±¶Ô±ÜÃâÏóÆå½çÄêÁä¶Ï²ã½øÒ»²½À©´óÔÚʵÖÊÉÏÆðÁ˺ܻý¼«µÄ×÷Óá£Ï£Íû¸÷¸öÓÐÄÜÁ¦µÄÆå»áÔÙ½ÓÔÙÀø¡£

[¼¸¶È (8-7 0:56, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]24Â¥

(ÒýÓà xiaobeidou:2006 µ½2008 ×îÄÑÍüµÄ¶Ô¾Ö ½ñÌì±È½Ï¿ÕÏоͷ¢Á˺ǺÇ:PÎâ¹óÁÙÏȸºÎâ×Úº²(beidou jan08) ÐíÒø´¨ÏÈʤÎâ×Úº²(macau indoor games nov07) ...)ÓÐÕâÖÖË®×¼²Î¼ÓµÄ±ÈÈü²ÅºÃÍ棡²»ÈøßÊÖÏ¿ÉÒÔÍƹ㵫ÄÑÍƸߡ£[»ðÓ° (8-7 8:54, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]25Â¥

(ÒýÓà »ðÓ°:ÓÐÕâÖÖË®×¼²Î¼ÓµÄ±ÈÈü²ÅºÃÍ棡²»ÈøßÊÖÏ¿ÉÒÔÍƹ㵫ÄÑÍƸߡ£)different events are having different purposes and objectives ...
for those games played by xiaobeidou -- at national level

¸Ê°ñ¸ñÄÏÏóÆå¸öÈËÈü -- priority is given to members and residents at ¸Ê°ñ¸ñÄÏÉçÇø

national events and ÉçÇø events are having different purposes and objectives, no way we could compare them.
[±Ìɽ (8-7 9:57, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]26Â¥

(ÒýÓà ¼¸¶È:ErmNot really, because people might be willing to "donate" a certain amount of money in total within a period, say, in 1 year. T...)Donations?:Pin the first place i don't think we can find many so called "donations" and every year it's pretty obvious that the usual people are the ones making the donations but is that sufficient? That is also one of the main reasons why chess cannot be a professional sport. Because we do not have many rich people playing the sport. If there are, everything would be different. People would be more willing to do it if they're paid. Of course if you're talking about doing it for free than it's probably different. But mainly the driving factors are money and people that have the ability is usually people that are either more well to do themselves that desire to manage the commitee or has someone behind them to support them. But i totally agree that you'll have different organisers organising and deciding who to take part but ultimately, it is money's fault you can't blame organisors not inviting some teams though it is not very fair. Most of the time, i believe they are more like the middleman being manipulated. The fear that in future these so called "donations" would not be donated again. [xiaobeidou (8-8 16:21, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]27Â¥

(ÒýÓà xiaobeidou:Donations?:Pin the first place i don't think we can find many so called "donations" and every year it's pretty obvious that the ...)¿ÉÒÔÕÒÔÞÖúÉÌ¡£Ð´Ò»·Ý½¨ÒéÊé(proposal)¸øËûÃÇ¡£½¨ÒéÊéÒªÔõôд¾ÍÒªÏëÏ룬ÀïÃæҪдÐèÒª¶àÉÙÇ®£¬Ç®»áÔõôʹÓá£
È»ºóÒªÈÃËûÃÇÓкô¦£¬±ÈÈç°ïËûÃÇ´ò´ò¹ã¸æ£¬ÍÆÍƲúÆ·µÈµÈ¡£¡£ÕÒË«Ó®¾ÖÃæ¡£
F&N ,Brands ,Osim,Popular Bookshop ¶¼¿ÉÒÔÎÊһϡ£
[»ðÓ° (8-8 17:07, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]28Â¥

(ÒýÓÃ xiaobeidou:Donations?:Pin the first place i don't think we can find many so called "donations" and every year it's pretty obvious that the ...)Previous Discussion on donations .........
you may wish to know a discussion on donations in Apr 2008 as below :

http://bbs.huasing.org/wap/xbbs.php?B=123_11011092

regarding ÂÞÃ÷Ê¿±­¸öÈËÈü and ÍÅÌåÈü, the formal MP ÂÞÃ÷Ê¿ÏÈÉú, many years with ¸Ê°ñ¸ñÄÏ, stepped down after the Singapore General Elections held in May 2006, the ¸öÈËÈü was renamed as ¸Ê°ñ¸ñÄÏÏóÆå¸öÈËÈü and still continue until now, as for ÍÅÌåÈü, from what I heard also due to a complaint during 2005 ÂÞÃ÷Ê¿±­ÍÅÌåÈü and ended up with the present situation.

As mentioned in some of the earlier posts, the organisers are volunteers, usually they do not mind to spend times to plan and arrange the competitions, but they do have a strong feelings if there are complaints after the hard works.
[±Ìɽ (8-8 17:16, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]29Â¥

(ÒýÓà xiaobeidou:2006 µ½2008 ×îÄÑÍüµÄ¶Ô¾Ö ½ñÌì±È½Ï¿ÕÏоͷ¢Á˺ǺÇ:PÎâ¹óÁÙÏȸºÎâ×Úº²(beidou jan08) ÐíÒø´¨ÏÈʤÎâ×Úº²(macau indoor games nov07) ...)Ö÷°ìÕß¾Ù°ìÕâÀà±ÈÈüµÄÀíÓÉ£ºÎÒËùÌýµ½µÄÊÇ¡°ÏÖÔÚµÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÔ½À´Ô½ÅÂÊ䡱£¡£¡£¡ Èç¹ûÔÊÐí¡°Óм¶ÆåÊÖ¡±²Î¼Ó£¬ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ½«Ã»Óлú»áµÃ½±£¬ËûÃǾͲ»»á±¨Ãû²Î¼Ó£¬ÕâÑùÆåÈüµÄ²ÎÈüÈËÊý¾ÍÓÐÇ·ÀíÏ룬Ö÷°ìÕß²»ÄÜÏòÖ÷°ì»ú¹¹ÓëÔÞÖúÉ̽»²î¡£

ÎÒ»³ÒɵÄÊÇ£ºÎÒÃǵÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÊDz»ÊÇÄÇôûÓж·Ö¾£¿ÄÇôÅÂÊ䣿»¹ÊÇÖ÷°ìÕß×Ô¼ºµÄƾ¿Õ²Â²â£¿£¿£¿

Óлú»áºÍÓ춵ÄÆåÊÖÇд裬Ìá¸ßÆåÒÕ£¬ÄÇÊǷdz£ÄѵõĻú»á£¡Ôõô»áÒòΪÅÂÊä¶ø²»²Î¼ÓÄØ£¿Èç¹ûÓÐÆåÊÖÓÐÕâÑùµÄÐÄ̬£¬ÎÒÈ°Ëû»Ø¼Ò˯¾õËãÁË£¬²»ÒªÎÛÈèÁË¡°ÏóÆ塱£¡£¡£¡
[ÆåÒ»Éú (8-8 20:22, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]30Â¥

(ÒýÓà ÆåÒ»Éú:Ö÷°ìÕß¾Ù°ìÕâÀà±ÈÈüµÄÀíÓÉ£ºÎÒËùÌýµ½µÄÊÇ¡°ÏÖÔÚµÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÔ½À´Ô½ÅÂÊ䡱£¡£¡£¡ Èç¹ûÔÊÐí¡°Óм¶ÆåÊÖ¡±²Î¼Ó£¬ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ½«Ã»Óлú»áµÃ½±£¬ËûÃ...)ÏëÓ®ÅÂÊ䣬ÈËÖ®³£Ç飬²»ÒË¿ÁÔð¡£ËµÏÞÖÆÓм¶ÆåÊÖ²ÎÈüÊÇÒòΪÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÅÂÊ䣬ËäÊÇÍдʣ¬Î´Ãâ¹ý·Ö¡£¡°ÅÂÊ䡱±¾ÒâÊǶԵģ¬¾ÍÊÇŵø߷ֵĻú»á²»¶à£¬µ«ÅµIJ»ÊÇ¡°Ê䡱£¬¶øÊÇÃû´ÎµÄÅÅÁС£¼´Ê¹ÊÇA×éÉõÖÁÓÚÖйúµÄ¼×¼¶ÁªÈü£¬Õù·ÖºÍ±£±¾ÈÔÈ»ÊÇÆåÈüµÄÖ÷Á÷¡£ÄÜÍêÈ«²»¼ÆÃû´ÎµÄÆåÊÖʵÔÚÊÇ·ïë÷ë½Ç¡£

ÇÔÒÔΪ°ìÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊֵıÈÈü£¬Î޿ɺñ·Ç£¬ÒòΪÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ¿ÉÒÔÓиü¶àµÄ»ú»á¡£ÎÞ¼¶ÖеÄÇ¿ÊÖ£¬Ò²¿ÉÒÔÔÚÕâЩ±ÈÈüÖÐÅàÑøÐÅÐÄ£¬ÎªÉý¼¶×öºÃ×¼±¸¡£ÎÞ¼¶Ç¿ÊÖÈç¹ûÔÚÎÞ¼¶ÖÐÌ«Ç¿£¬¾Ã¶ø¾ÃÖ®£¬Ò²»áÑá·³ÎÞ¼¶µÄ±ÈÈü£¬×ª¶øÕùÈ¡¼¶±ð°É¡£Ç°ÃæµÄÉý¼¶ÁË£¬Ò²¿ÉÒÔ¹ÄÀøÖвãµÄ²»¶Ï½øÈ¡£¬¶áÈ¡Ãû´Î¡£°ìÎÞ¼¶±ÈÈüÕæÕýµÄÎÊÌâÊÇ£¬´¿´âÓм¶ÆåÊֲμӵģ¬»òÕßÓС¢ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ»ìºÏµÄ±ÈÈü£¬Ïà±È֮ϣ¬ÓмõÉÙµÄÇ÷ÊÆ¡£

[¼¸¶È (8-8 21:00, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]31Â¥

(ÒýÓÃ xiaobeidou:Donations?:Pin the first place i don't think we can find many so called "donations" and every year it's pretty obvious that the ...)Well, talk about the sponsorship...Maybe there are not too few sponsors, but if we try to figure out the reason why number of them appears to decrease, that's politics. On the other hand, this is in fact not the determining factor. The more important thing, as what I believe SIXGA trying to do, is to gain more recognition of the Singapore Sports Council. When Xiangqi participated in the Asian Indoor Games at Macau last year and won 3 medals (no criticism on you. You played in the toughest group and you contributed equally many efforts), certainly it helps, but we still have a long way to go. If Xiangqi is sponsored by the country, you probably don't need to worry about many things like now.

[¼¸¶È (8-8 21:10, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]32Â¥

(ÒýÓà ¼¸¶È:Well, talk about the sponsorship...Maybe there are not too few sponsors, but if we try to figure out the reason why number of th...)some corrections...Firstly from ¼¸¶È's post, Team Singapore Won 2 medals from the Xiangqi category not 3 medals. One Silver from IM Kang Derong, one bronze from IGM Zhang Xin huan and 4th place for me. Secondly to ±Ìɽ's post of volunteers, i believe most of them are volunteers however people like wang xing nan being referee i believe get paid, or perharps tuan seng. Please correct me if i'm wrong as i heard this from someone so this information might not be correct. I'm just saying that if they get paid, they would be more willing to organize competitions although they volunteer. Treating it more like an incentive.

The sport would surely be promoted better if we have the government's support. That is very true i totally agree. However, can u guarantee that we would get silver or bronze in the next competition. Lets be realistic, the competition would be stiffer.(5 players in woman's category)(4players in speed chess category)and lastly(5 players in individual category, All of them are IGM I'm the lowest rank as an IM) the only person that has the highest possibility to get a medal again is IGM Zhang Xin Huan(top 3). In order for the Government to support us currently is a secondary issue in my view. Reason being the results we produce. How long can we sustain this results? Currently i feel our greatest priority would be to promote the sport better internally so that we would be able to attract more youngsters to take up the sport and to spot for more talent thats why i added that events like ÍÅÌåÈü would help. At the same time from a macro perspective, as China becomes more prominent and chess becomes more popular amongst youngsters than we would have a larger ocean to manipulate with. At this point in time the government wouldn't help much. Well, at least for the next couple of years.

It is also true that less people sponsor the competitions due to politics. Thats why i mentioned earlier on that the chess circle evolves between money and politics. However, how can the chess association promote the sport? From my view would be to have a strong national team to attract new talent, organize more competitions as well as higher prize money(to increase competitiveness between ichess and xiangqi). Without these sponsors, how are they going to make it work?

If we notice, it is usually the few people making the "important decisions" and these people are either people with money that sponsor or they are good friends with these people. (please pardon me for being straightforward :P) Ultimately, steps they make are crucial for the future of the sport.
[xiaobeidou (8-9 0:28, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]33Â¥

(ÒýÓà ±Ìɽ:Bishan's experience ...... if you refer to Page 5 of ±ÌɽÃñÖÚ¾ãÀÖ²¿ÏóÆå»á¼òѶ (33) below : http://bbs.huasing.org/bbs.php?B=123...)should we pay the volunteers ? ........
regardless the volunteers from Bishan Club, SIXGA or other clubs, our practices to pay tokens of allowances (we paid between $25 to $60 per actual work day from the past 6 years records, no payment for the planning and preparation) as ways to show our appreciations to them, the differences could be we pay less to our members in general.

We should not expect free services from volunteers as they need to spend times, take leave etc.

Of course, there is no way for us to pay so call x times of "one-day salary" to them for taking leave to work with us for x days.
[±Ìɽ (8-9 10:16, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]34Â¥

(ÒýÓà ÆåÒ»Éú:Ö÷°ìÕß¾Ù°ìÕâÀà±ÈÈüµÄÀíÓÉ£ºÎÒËùÌýµ½µÄÊÇ¡°ÏÖÔÚµÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÔ½À´Ô½ÅÂÊ䡱£¡£¡£¡ Èç¹ûÔÊÐí¡°Óм¶ÆåÊÖ¡±²Î¼Ó£¬ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ½«Ã»Óлú»áµÃ½±£¬ËûÃ...)May be we should consider a long term solution ......
for a competition for all grades, attention will be given to less time will be required, e.g. 2005 and 2006 Singapore Open, but the system not fully tested for at least 3 years and dropped.

in chinese, for a team event, we could consider the sequence of upper horse, middle horse and lower horse, but for an individual event, to have 3 different groups before the competition started should be a fair and better system.

Duration and funding are the two main factors in addition to the more critical factor of manpower needed.

For ideal situation, we should have the method like Divisions A, B, C & D etc and to cater for promotion and demotion each year.

Within Bishan Club, we used round robin system before 2006 for up to 16 players, and managed to introduce the Division system in 2006 and 2007 due to less number of players (24 in 2006 and 20 in 2007) and the player(s) could be promoted to Division A or demoted to Division D within the same year, the concept is same as round robin system but less number of rounds for most of the players by using division system.

With bigger number of players, more years may be needed for promotion and demotion.
[ÆëÆôÆå (8-9 10:55, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]35Â¥

(ÒýÓà ±Ìɽ:should we pay the volunteers ? ........ regardless the volunteers from Bishan Club, SIXGA or other clubs, our practices to pay t...)i think u misinterpret what i'm trying to say?It would be good for people to volunteer and volunteers are actually very important people as the play a big role in promoting the game. Speaking about paying them for ³µÂí·Ñis the minimum amount they should get paid. Basically the chess association is really not much of an association without chess players and people that volunteer to organise chess competitions. Hence the chess association should probably try to market and advertise in a different way to get sponsors. [xiaobeidou (8-9 12:08, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]36Â¥

(ÒýÓà ¼¸¶È:Well, talk about the sponsorship...Maybe there are not too few sponsors, but if we try to figure out the reason why number of th...)Don't be so sadI never mean getting medals is the only way to get more government support. There should be various ways to convince them about the importance to maintain Xiangqi as a traditional game. As for the medals,mabye it's lucky last year (or maybe many people would think so :P), but anyway last year you guys have won 1/3 - 1/2 of the total medals SG team got if I am not wrong. In the future just do your best, 1/5 would be more than sufficient. :P The more the better though. The only thing I worry is how many countries will continue to favourite in sending Xiangqi team for next competitions, since most people are going for medals.

[¼¸¶È (8-9 12:10, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]37Â¥

(ÒýÓà ±Ìɽ:Previous Discussion on donations ......... you may wish to know a discussion on donations in Apr 2008 as below : http://bbs.hua...)i'm not sad.The Governement works like a bank. No results, they sack u. They're very realistic people. in a competitive society like ours espiecially how are u going to market yourself to make them feel that you would make it unless u produce results? Maybe u can hire some Ìؼ¶´óʦcome to singapore conduct courses constantly? but that would mean the opportunity cost would be high this narrows down to where do we find our cashflow "again".
i'm just trying to state my personal views on promoting the game. As a chess player, i feel there is a need to constanting look for new talent and to improve the standard of the natinoal team.
[xiaobeidou (8-9 12:21, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]38Â¥

(ÒýÓà ÆåÒ»Éú:Ö÷°ìÕß¾Ù°ìÕâÀà±ÈÈüµÄÀíÓÉ£ºÎÒËùÌýµ½µÄÊÇ¡°ÏÖÔÚµÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÔ½À´Ô½ÅÂÊ䡱£¡£¡£¡ Èç¹ûÔÊÐí¡°Óм¶ÆåÊÖ¡±²Î¼Ó£¬ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ½«Ã»Óлú»áµÃ½±£¬ËûÃ...)ÎҼǵÃÒÔǰûÏÞÖƵıÈÈü¸ü¶àÈ˲μӡ£ÎÒ»¹ÊǾõµÃ'¹«¿ª'Èü±È½ÏºÃÍæ¡£[»ðÓ° (8-9 15:51, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]39Â¥

(ÒýÓà ÆåÒ»Éú:Ö÷°ìÕß¾Ù°ìÕâÀà±ÈÈüµÄÀíÓÉ£ºÎÒËùÌýµ½µÄÊÇ¡°ÏÖÔÚµÄÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖÔ½À´Ô½ÅÂÊ䡱£¡£¡£¡ Èç¹ûÔÊÐí¡°Óм¶ÆåÊÖ¡±²Î¼Ó£¬ÎÞ¼¶ÆåÊÖ½«Ã»Óлú»áµÃ½±£¬ËûÃ...)ÎÒÒ²±È½Ïϲ»¶¹«¿ªÈüµÄÐÎʽ[ÕÅÁÉ (8-9 17:37, Long long ago)] [ ´«Í³°æ | sForum ][µÇ¼ºó»Ø¸´]40Â¥

<<ʼҳ¡¡ <ÉÏÒ³ ¡¡ 1¡¡ [2]¡¡ 3¡¡ ÏÂÒ³>¡¡ Ä©Ò³>>¡¡
µÇ¼ | Ê×Ò³ -> »ªÐÂÏÊÊ -> ÎòÈëÆå; | [ˢб¾Ò³] | Çл»µ½£º´«Í³°æ / sForum